The Tourette Syndrome Association requests research grant proposals from Ph.D. and M.D. researchers in basic and clinical studies on all aspects of Tourette syndrome. For a detailed overview
of the grant process, click here.
Click here to view/print current year flyer.
All applications relevant to Tourette Syndrome will be considered.
Fellowship applications from early career investigators are particularly encouraged.
Candidates must have a M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent. Previous experience in the field of movement disorders is desirable, but not essential. Applicants may reside outside the United States.
Post-Doctoral Fellowships: up to $40,000 for 1 year
Research Grant Awards: up to $75,000 for 1 year or up to $150,000 for two years
TSA will consider reasonable requests for:
• Salaries (for US institutions, NIH salary caps apply)
• Laboratory supplies and other research-related expenses
• Travel expenses for investigators (up to $1,500 per year)
• Research equipment up to $5,000 (excluding equipment for personal or office use [e.g. computers])
• Indirect costs of up to 10% may be included, but the total value of the grant may not exceed the levels stated above
The due date has passed - no further Pre-Proposals will be accepted.
Full Grant Proposal
Due Date: November 15, 2013
Detailed instructions will be sent to applicants who are invited to apply for a research grant.
Applicants for research grants involving clinical treatment studies are urged to read the following two documents:
Considerations for Writing Clinical Treatment Studies Proposals
Guidelines for Clinical Studies in Tourette Syndrome
718-224-2999, ext. 222 or email