The Tourette Syndrome Association requests research grant proposals from Ph.D. and M.D. researchers in basic and clinical studies on all aspects of Tourette syndrome. For a detailed overview
of the grant process, click here.
All applications relevant to Tourette Syndrome will be considered.
Areas of particular interest for this cycle are:
• Neuropathology (utilizing tissue in the TSA Brain Tissue Collection)
• Experimental Therapeutics
• Animal Models
Candidates must have a M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent. Previous experience in the field of movement disorders is desirable, but not essential. Applicants may reside outside the United States.
Post-Doctoral Fellowships: up to $40,000 for 1 year
Research Grant Awards: up to $75,000 for 1 year or up to $150,000 for two years
TSA will consider reasonable requests for:
• Salaries (for US institutions, NIH salary caps apply)
• Laboratory supplies and other research-related expenses
• Travel expenses for investigators (up to $1,500 per year)
• Research equipment up to $5,000 (excluding equipment for personal or office use [e.g. computers])
• Indirect costs of up to 10% may be included, but the total value of the grant may not exceed the levels stated above
For preliminary screening, a Pre-Proposal is required.
The 2013 grant cycle is closed. The 2014 grant cycle Pre-Proposals will begin to be accepted in August/September 2013. Exact date will be posted to this page.
Full Grant Proposal
Detailed instructions will be sent to applicants who are invited to apply for a research grant.
The due date for full grant proposals for the 2013 grant cycle has passed. Full grant proposals for the 2014 grant cycle are anticipated to be requested to be submitted with a due date in October or November 2013. Exact date will be posted to this page.
Applicants for research grants involving clinical treatment studies are urged to read the following two documents:
Considerations for Writing Clinical Treatment Studies Proposals
Guidelines for Clinical Studies in Tourette Syndrome
718-224-2999, ext. 222 or email