The Tourette Association of America requests research grant proposals from Ph.D. and M.D. researchers in basic and clinical studies on all aspects of Tourette syndrome. For a detailed overview of the grant process, click here.
Current flyer not yet available
All applications relevant to Tourette Syndrome will be considered.
Applications that will enable us to establish the prevalence of TS and tic disorders in adults are strongly encouraged.
Candidates must have a M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent. Previous experience in the field of movement disorders is desirable, but not essential. Applicants may reside outside the United States.
Post-Doctoral Fellowships: up to $40,000 for 1 year
Research Grant Awards: up to $75,000 for 1 year or up to $150,000 for two years
The Tourette Association of America will consider reasonable requests for:
• Salaries (for US institutions, NIH salary caps apply)
• Laboratory supplies and other research-related expenses
• Travel expenses for investigators (up to $1,500 per year)
• Research equipment up to $5,000 (excluding equipment for personal or office use [e.g. computers])
• Indirect costs of up to 10% may be included, but the total value of the grant may not exceed the levels stated above
For preliminary screening, a Pre-Proposal is required.
Pre-Proposal Deadline: November 1, 2015
Full Grant Proposal
Full Proposal Deadline: February 1, 2016
Detailed instructions will be sent to applicants who are invited to apply for a research grant.
Applicants for research grants involving clinical treatment studies are urged to read the following two documents:
Considerations for Writing Clinical Treatment Studies Proposals
Guidelines for Clinical Studies in Tourette Syndrome
July 1, 2016
718-224-2999, ext. 222 or email